AREA ALATEEN PROCESS PERSON (AAPP)
January-March – Annual Training / Orientation for ALL (Recertifying for the current year and New) Al-Anon Members Involved in Alateen Service (AMIAS). Certification is good for one year. (Until June 1st of the next year.) Fingerprinting is done once every three years.
April-June – Alateen Group Annual Update
**Recertification Deadline -- DUE TO COVID-19 -- WSO's Board of Trustees have extended the Recertification deadline to August 15, 2020. The date may be reviewed again at their July 2020 meeting.**
Documents to be
Description of Needed Annual Training Documents
- Area 9 AMIAS Certification Form – 1 of 2 forms to be filled out after or during training.
- FDLE VECHS (Volunteer and Employee Criminal History System) Waiver Form – 2 of 2 forms to be filled out after or during training. This lets Area 9 know it's okay for the AAPP (Area Alateen Process Person) to view your Background History Check results. The AAPP (Area 9 Alateen Process Person) will send instructions when and how to get your Fingerprinting after receiving ORIGINAL FORM.
Description of Needed Group Registration and/or Change Documents
- WSO Alateen Group Registration Form – Form to be filled out when you are to REGISTER a new Alateen Group.
- WSO Alateen Group Changes Form – Form to be filled out if there are ANY CHANGES to the status or information of an Alateen Group. Example: Group Name, Change of Address, Change of AGS (Alateen Group Sponsor), Time of Meeting, Change of CMA (Current Mailing Address) and/or CMA information.
- WSO Alateen Group Annual Update Sheet – Form sent from WSO (World Service Office) to the Alateen Group's CMA; includes Form Instructions. Return completed Form to AAPP.
Other Documents / etc
- Area 9 Alateen Event Safety and Behavioral Requirements Packet – Specific Area 9 form to be filled out for Alateen events usually along with the WSO G-34 Alateen Safety Guidelines Travel and Permission Form. This form / packet explains to parents and teens the Behavior and Safety Rules of the specific Alateen event in Area 9.
- WSO G-34 Alateen Safety Guidelines with Travel and Permission Form – A WSO (World Service Office) form to be filled out for Alateen events usually along with Alateen Behavioral and Safety Requirements. This form is to be with the Alateen Sponsor while at events. This is for Travel and Medical Information and Release of the teen.
- WSO 2003 Alateen Motion from the Board of Trustees – This reference shows the WSO (World Service Office) Motion of the Requirements to be met for all AMIAS and all Alateen Groups in all Areas.
- Area 9 Alateen Safety and Behavioral Requirements – This explains Area 9's safety policy and procedures.
- Area 9 Disqualifying Offenses – This is a prerequisite to Area 9 Safety and Behavioral Requirements in the AMIAS Certification process.
Please see the Area Alateen Coordinator page and WSO for further Alateen details and Guidelines by clicking the buttons below.